I read a recent post by Claire Thompson called “Tools and Sites I Use – One Year Later“. I really like what she did – last January, she blogged about the tools that she used regularly, and now she’s gone back and reviewed and updated that list. Sounds like a fun way to reflect.
Here’s my list of tools/sites that I use just about every day:
- twitter – probably my favorite tool now, the center of my PLN (personal learning network)
- gmail – one personal account and one work account
- Facebook – keep in touch with old friends and former students
- Netvibes – my RSS reader, how I keep up with my favorite blogs (or try to, at least)
- Firefox – just curious if I’ll still be using it next year, or a different browser like Chrome…
- WordPress – where I house this blog, and read many others
- Lighthouse – more for my company; great, free application that enables teamwork and good project management
- Yammer – microblogging, within an organization – basically there are about 8 of us at Inigral, Inc. that keep up with each other this way.
- diigo – social bookmarking site where I keep my favorites and love following the daily links that I get via e-mail, through the Classroom 2.0 group.
- Jing – slick image/video capture and sharing tool
- Youtube – I end up watching something on here every day. Will it hold its own against the competition this year?
- Microsoft Office – (threw this one on here to see if I’m still using Word and Excel next year….I’m actually rooting for Google Docs!)
Tools I hope to use more:
- Classroom 2.0 – an outstanding Ning with great discussions and many interesting educators to connect with
- LinkdIn – professional networking site – you can find very unique skill sets here
- Evernote – keeps track of life, in general, with to-do lists, pictures, voice notes, and more
- Backtype – how I keep track of commenting on blogs – need to figure out how to tap into its full potential
- Younoodle – a startup networking site
- Flickr – I hope to start posting more pics
- Any iPhone app, period – hope to get one soon!
Now….hopefully I’ll remember this next January 🙂
What do you use that’s not on my list?